"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, March 7, 2011

bittersweet.


Did you know the Ogden Temple is closing for renovation? Yeah. That is our Temple.

It makes me kind of sad to think about it actually. For the almost 7 years we have been married, that is where we have gone. I have loved it. It makes me want to go everyday until it closes.

The new one will be beautiful. I am excited for it. It is just a weird feeling to know the Temple is going to be taken down. That's our Temple. It is weird to try and put it to words.

I love this picture and I love that I can see Zach's shadow. :)

I love the Temple. Here are some reasons why:

Vaughn J. Featherstone: Temple Promises

"He promised if members of the church spend half a day in the temple each month the following blessings would result:

1. A man would become mighty and a woman powerful.
2. It would serve as great "insurance protection" for your marriage.
3. The blessings of the eternal God will be called down upon you, and great spiritual growth will be yours.
4. Unseen angels will watch over your loved ones when Satanic forces tempt them
5. Your families will draw close to the Lord and there will be no empty chairs in the Celestial Kingdom.
6. Your children will go on missions.
7. Your children will get married in the temple.
8The veil will be thin, you will have spiritual growth, and many spiritual experiences will distill upon you.
9. You will be prepared for exaltation-with a celestial body, a celestial mind and a celestial personality.
10. You will be receptive to divine guidance and receive spiritual perception to help you grapple with your problems and cares.
11. You will see clearly how to make critical decisions that weigh heavily on your mind."

I know it is easy to make excuses and to be too busy, and I also know, with the above blessings in mind, that the adversary will do just about anything to keep us from going as often as possible.
The apple for the day is: schedule your Temple time! Go as often as you can. Only you know how often that is. Put it on the calendar and make it happen! :)

1 comment:

The Powell Family said...

We are sad to see "our" temple change as well. It has been especially hard for me having grown up so close to so many temples to be this far away. I definately appreciate what I had before so much more now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...