"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The inspiration

Have you ever heard a heart wrenching story about someone you know?

Felt helpless?

Wanted to do something and just didn't know what to do?

Well, that was me, I heard such a sad story about some couples I know that split up. (long story short). I was so upset by it!

I wanted to do something to help others in hopes the same thing wouldn't happen to them...or me.

I heard this story and then a few minutes later my 6 month old woke up. I was feeding him and reading the Book of Mormon in Alma. I had been studying Alma 32 and with marriage on my mind I realized that the last part of this chapter(starting in verse 28) is pretty darn good counsel on how to have a good marriage. Next time you read that chapter, think about it.

Well, the gist was that I know my marriage is like the "good seed". I have planted it and nourished it and have seen the fruit. I need to maintain that level of nourishment or even increase it. I will see fruit that is "most precious and sweet above all that is sweet" and I will be able to "feast until I am filled".
Without rambling I will just say that this was the inspiration for this blog. It is my hope to strengthen my marriage by focusing on things I can do to love and serve Zach better. I am doing this blog as much for my marriage as I am for those that read this blog.

There is the inspiration.

3 comments:

Chels said...

This blog will be a strength to many!

Zoo Keeper Mom said...

Zach and Becca-
I am thrilled to stumble upon your blog (via facebook). I think this is fantastic, and I can't wait to share it with Anthony, as well. We too feel that marriage is precious and worth every effort to protect and preserve it. This collection of inspiration is awesome, and I have only read a couple posts so far. Keep up the great work, this fruit is delicious!

Sherrae said...

Becca, way to go! I love your insight with Alma 32 in relation to marriage, how true that is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...