"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

you know what?


I realize that guys read this blog too. I do. (so here's a snake picture for your amusement. :)) I also realize that I write this blog from a wifely perspective. -a stay at home one at that.

I hope that no matter who you are and what your situation is that you will take some of these ideas and make them your own. Find ways to enjoy your spouse more. Even if you stop, peak into a room and admire them without them knowing. Don't think about what they did wrong that day, but think about their heart. -their good intentions and how grateful you are to have them to come home to. I decided gratitude can always make me feel better.

I often post about leaving notes for your spouse because that is what Zach really likes. He is a words of affirmation person. Do you know how much he likes it that I leave him notes?

I send notes in his lunch usually and the other day he sent me a text at 9:30 in the morning and said, "I can't tell you how much your little notes mean to me. especially on a day like today! thanks sweetheart. i love you."
I thought it was funny that it wasn't time for lunch but he had already read his note. :) In the world we live in where there is pressure to do and be everything, we really need the encouragement of the ones we love most. I share that because even knowing that he is a words of affirmation person, I hadn't realized how much they have meant to him. I am sure the same thing is true for you and the things you do for your spouse. Keep it up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...