"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

my favorite!

When thinking about a date idea to post today I got thinking about what dates have been my favorite to go on with Zach.
They are the "different" dates.
I do enjoy dinner and a movie. But my favorite dates are the music in the park, art exhibits, live entertainment, arcades,hikes, bike rides, etc. I think the reason why is I enjoy the conversations we have about them later. They add a different element to our friendship.
Yesterday Zach was working from home so during our kids nap/quiet time I invited him for a walk. I set the timer for the kids and told them we'd be back before it beeped. It was so nice to have an uninterrupted conversation for fifteen minutes!
Dates help us to have this and it is SO needed! Don't neglect it this week! Call your mother, the neighbor, the babysitter, someone and go on a date! Even if it is an hour! After you've found the babysitter, pick an interesting date and call your spouse and invite them out! -don't assume, invite them.
Enjoy each other and the time alone. :)

And don't forget to enter to win the 16x20 canvas wrap! Today is the last day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...