"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

the window...

So a few weeks ago I went to an awesome Fireside by Sister Virginia Pearce. (President and Sister Hinckley's daughter) It. was. amazing.

Just one of the things I learned was the concept of the mirror and the window.

Let me just say, I am a visual person. If I can visualize a concept then I can remember and apply it so much better. That is why I like this concept so well.

Okay, the concept. :)
When you are thinking about yourself it is like looking into a mirror. When you are thinking about others it is like opening a window and looking out.

So, the morning after the Fireside I said a prayer that I would remember and be able to apply the things I learned the night before.

Zach was late. He told me he'd be home at a certain time and he was late. I had dinner all ready, the kids and I were starving. I went to all this trouble and he was late. etc. etc. :)

then I remember the window. so I open it.

Zach has a lot going on at work. He is working so hard to meet his goals and provide for our family. He picked up Ben from school so I didn't have to. He remembered to pick up bee spray from the store that I asked him to get. AND he is still earlier than normal!

then I say another prayer. please help me to keep the window open!:)

There is the application. I hope the concept makes sense and that you are able to apply it in your life! :)

The End.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...