"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, March 4, 2013

It's time to get LUCKY!!

It's March!  Right here, right now, I am declaring it Lucky Month!

At the Marriage Celebration two years ago we had a whole slew of sexual pleasure packets we were throwing out, I mean we had a ton.  All the guys were standing up waving to get some thrown in their direction.  THEN we had a whole slew of chocolate.  Who was standing up waving their arms for that?  Their wives!

So, this month I am dedicating my focus and energy on helping you both get lucky!  There will be apples on how to meet both of your needs and also giveaways for the same.  I am SO excited!

THE KICK OFF GIVEAWAY?  A FREE ONE NIGHT STAY AT:
Best Western Landmark Inn!!!

These are some apples from me and also some I loved from the intimacy class we went to this year at the Marriage Celebration.  Emil Harker was the presenter in this session.  He was so fun and easy to listen to!

Apples for HIM:

*has he had a hard day?  come home grouchy?  can't find it in yourself to kiss him long and good? well, start with saying thank you for something specific he has done.  this might sound odd but I have been so surprised at the difference this has made for me!  Keep expressing gratitude until you feel differently toward him.

*is he feeling neglected physically?  try saying, "babe, I'd really like to make love tonight, would you mind finishing up the kitchen and getting the kids into bed so I can take a bath and think about you?"

Apples for HER:

*"is she crazy busy when you walk in the door?  go find her, help her get her hands free, kiss her without groping her, tell her how beautiful she is, ask her if there is anything you can do to help her."

*in the mood?  warm her up before you are in the bedroom.  talk kindly.  be helpful.  laugh with her.  kiss her neck.  tell her you are in the mood and then flip the above apple and ASK her if you can finish the dishes and get the kids into bed while she takes a bath with candles and oil!

If you've been thinking, I really need to share this blog with my friends and family because it is so awesome, now is the time to link them up!  Enjoy these apples for the week.

Enter this giveaway by sharing this blog with your friends! Leave a comment on why you'd love a night away with your spouse and how you shared the blog.  (some ways to share are: like us or share it on Facebook, become a follower of this blog, pin it or post about it on your blog)  Ready, GO!

The winner will be announced FRIDAY!

8 comments:

Roberts' family said...

We need to win this getaway because we desperately need alone time together. We are to caught up in the lives of our children, focused on work and fulfilling time consuming callings in church. Time to bring the focus back to us!!!

Tamina said...

I would love a getaway, life gets so busy between all that goes on with, well life. Sometimes it's good to get to know each other again. I shared on facebook and tell people about your blog all the time. :)

Katie said...

I shared on facebook. Would love and certainly need a little getaway. With a 5 year old, 3 year old and twin 6 month olds we've not had time or energy to get away in too long!

kate said...

i'm not entering since it would be quite a drive. . .:) but just wanted to tell ya i love this and will be sending it to caleb today. you are the bomb becca.

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

I always love a get away, shared on Facebook.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I followed the link that Brianna shared and I am glad that I did. I read the part out loud to my husband "kiss her without groping her." He just smiled. We would love a romantic get-a-way because we love to be together. I am going to share this link on my blog.

Chatana Krebs said...

I shared on facebook. Kyle and I could really really use sometime alone together. having 3 kids 3 and under kind of makes it crazy. Thankfully I've been able to read your blog to make sure our marriage can be it's best in the midst of the craziness. I love ya!!! Hope we win :)

Kara @ Simplistically Sassy said...

I follow you're wonderful blog and I am so glad I follow you on FB because I kept forgetting to enter this!!!

We would love a night away because with 6 little kids, we are constantly busy and rarely get a moment to be alone. It'd be so heavenly to have a night away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...