"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

so much fun!

So, Saturday was our 7 year anniversary of being engaged! Do you remember when you were engaged or are we the only ones? Our oldest child was due on March 5th. (the day we got engaged the previous year!) Yeah, we thought it was pretty crazy!
I didn't remember at all which was surprising. Zach actually sent me a text saying happy anniversary. Because it was our anniversary I was super glad I had found a fun date for Saturday. We went to a dance lesson and a dance with a live band at Weber State. We honestly had a blast!

I totally should have taken a picture because we looked good! The kids were so excited when we walked out. It was cute to see their reactions to us getting dressed up. We decided we needed to do it a lot more. :)

Zach and I haven't danced much together in that type of setting. We have taken lessons for swing once and that was several years ago. (that was way fun too!)

Can I tell you one thing I noticed? His confidence increased when I encouraged and complimented him. I also noticed that I point out the obvious too much. You know, by saying things like, "you messed up", "that's the wrong step" and lame stuff like that. Even though I laughed after I said it and wasn't trying to really be rude, it still wasn't necessary to say it.
Throughout the night I tried to be more aware of what I said and noticed the effect it had.

The thing with compliments is they have to be sincere and not said merely to get the result we are looking for.
The apple for the day: focus on building your spouse up with compliments and tone down the criticism, it doesn't do much good. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...