"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In honor...


...of my sweet parents who are celebrating their 34th anniversary this month! I thought I'd share some advice from them that I've gotten through observation.

*They laugh together. They are both funny. My dad is very witty, my mom laughs at his jokes and not all of them are funny. :)

*They don't talk bad about each other. Growing up if I was angry with one of my parents and talking to the other one, they always backed the other one up.

*They support each other in their callings in church and in life and don't whine.

*They take care of each other.

*They work together and enjoy doing things together.

I'm blessed to have great parents who have been through a lot. They have taught me how to find joy in the journey. Love you Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the lessons you have observed from your parents!

Angie said...

That is a nice picture of Mom and Dad! They are indeed the best and have set a great example! I love them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...