"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Friday, September 9, 2011

perspective is kind of funny

Have you seen The Soul Surfer movie? Super good. I would totally recommend it!

There is a part where the girls mentor is talking about perspective. Sometimes life happens and for one reason or another we can only see part of the picture. We don't know exactly what is going on, why or how it is affecting us. We need each other, people!

Is there something your spouse could help you with?
(now, let me just say that sometimes your spouse isn't the one with the answers. sometimes they want to help though. let them try! if they don't want to help then talk to someone that does. The reason I say this is because sometimes I want/need to talk longer than Zach -being a man- can listen. I can appreciate that and even respect that and call my sisters or my mom!)

Anyway, I've just been thinking a lot lately about how we need each other. We need our spouse. We aren't always strong at the same time and it isn't easy to be the strong one. A line I love from the movie is "I don't need easy, I just need possible". Knowing what we know about Jesus Christ and His Atonement it is possible with Him. Lean on Him when it is hard. Don't just think about it. I often want to do everything on my own but leaning is still an action word.

I guess there is a fruit bowl of apples in this post. :) If this doesn't really apply to where you are right now, then watch the movie for your apple!

1 comment:

kate said...

i have a masters degree in leaning on my spouse, and i'm so grateful to be able to. we do need each other, and it's always good to remember that. thanks becca!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...