"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Celebrate it!

It's okay, I'll say it. Zach isn't perfect. But gosh, he is the best husband I could have ever asked for! Now, Zach loves basketball. March is a good month for him because of the NCAA playoffs.
I happened to have my own game of basketball- a region game the very night some NCAA games were on that well, he really wanted to watch.
Not only did Zach come to my game, he brought the kids and the camera! I fell in love again. :)

He chose me. I felt important. Quite honestly, I was super impressed he brought the camera!
Okay it is hard for me to not be too general here. We all have our different situations and challenges. I shared this story because I think it brings to light something that I can work on.
When I'm reading a really addictive book I can do better at putting it down to talk to him for a while or do something he wants to do. I think we all know when something is important to our spouse.
The apple for the day is: Do it! Has your spouse been asking for a date, just you and them? Cake? a game of scrabble? They haven't asked for anything? Okay, make something up. What would your spouse love? Do it! I think I'll be making some strawberry shortcake! Zach loves it with yellow cake.

1 comment:

Chels said...

That's really so sweet and so cool! Way to go for playing women's b-ball too! ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...