"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, February 28, 2011

the trend

So, that marriage seminar thing we went to a few weeks ago...

John Bytheway and Kim (his wife) talked about something that made a lot of sense to me.

Appreciate/Expect/Demand

This rang true with me. Most of the time I appreciate it when Zach takes out the garbage, but sometimes I expect it, or even demand it.

Zach is better than me in a lot of cases and this is one of them. I am traditional by my point of view and non-traditional to many in the role I have chosen to stay home with our children, clean house, fix dinners etc. Zach appreciates that I make dinner for him and is very good at saying thank you for what I do.

Today, the apple is to pay attention to the things you appreciate, expect and demand of your spouse. Make a special effort to appreciate the things they do. Have a great day!


See how wonderful he is? Gosh, I am lucky!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...