"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Devils throat.

I listened to THIS talk by President Faust on my iPod and have listened to it several times since. It was given in the Priesthood session of Conference in 2003 and I never heard it and never read it. I love it! This is is just one quote that I love.

"My dear young friends, there is another great truth that you young men must learn. It is that everything has a price. There is a price to pay for success, fulfillment, accomplishment, and joy. There are no freebies. If you don’t pay the price that is needed for success, you will pay the price of failure. Preparation, work, study, and service are required to achieve and find happiness. Disobedience and lack of preparation carry a terrible price tag. As priesthood holders of this Church, part of the price we need to pay is by living differently from the world. We are the possessors and custodians of these commanding powers which can and do roll back the power of Satan on the earth. With all my heart I urge you to please help us push back the world. We must stand against the wind. Sometimes we must be unpopular and simply say, “This is not right.”"

I think this can directly be applied to marriage. There is a price tag for a great marriage and there is a price tag for a severed one. EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE!!!

Are you going to pay now or later?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...