"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

before you say an angry word

The other day while practicing my piano skills I ran into some good marriage advice in the Primary song book. I linked it HERE.

Did you ever learn the song, "Hum your favorite HYMN"? I totally remember learning it in Primary. Oh the things we remember. :)

Anyway, the whole song is good advice but I especially like the second verse.

"Before you say an angry word, remember you'll regret it For once it's said the harm is done and some folks won't forget it. "
"Just hum your favorite HYMN sing out with vigor and vim and you will find it clears your mind, hum your favorite HYMN."

Sometimes I think we make life too complicated. There are simple truths and simple things that will help us not make silly mistakes. Pick a Hymn, learn the words and sing it instead of saying something you'll regret.
Another reason why I think it's a great idea to have a Hymn in mind that we sing often is because "The song of the righteous is a prayer unto me.." and we've been commanded to "pray always". So sing out with vigor and vim! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...