"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

peace...

I really, really like the book The Peacegiver. You should read it-if you want to...never mind, you really should read it!

It is probably the best marriage/relationship book I've read-seriously. The author, James Ferrell uses the scriptures to help the reader understand the Atonement and how it really can "heal our hearts and homes".

It is about time for me to re-read it. Even though I read it a good 2 years ago, I still think about it. I make different choices because of what this book taught me...well, sometimes. :)

This book helped me to realize something. Comparing and competing have no place in any of our relationships. We are not going to be held responsible for the choices our spouse makes. We will be accountable for our own.

Sometimes we fall short, we all do. What matters is how we, individually, respond to these situations-whether we fall short or someone else does.

Anyway, read that book and then tell me how much you loved it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...