"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, November 14, 2011

a new beat...

You know when something in life just gets thrown at you and you think to yourself, "okay, this will be different."? Could be, job change, new calling, family challenges due to illness or lasting contention, sudden decision to go back to school, kids (really anything that has to do with them. :))...etc.

I like to think of these times as seasons in our lives. The way I see it is it's a new song or a new beat that we need to learn how to dance to-together.

There have been a few moments within the last few months that I have thought the above phrase. Specifically when we lost Lily there were a few times when I was scared. Scared because I realized how differently Zach and I were dealing with things and I felt us pulling apart. Yeah, last thing both of us wanted but we didn't really know what to do.

The KEY has been communication. We both admitted to each other that we felt the distance increase and we didn't like it. But because we have talked about it and prayed for help, the distance decreases. Not that it doesn't try to creep back in though. But we keep coming back together and keep trying to learn this new dance.

Do you relate? Did this make sense?

2 comments:

kkupfer said...

I so can relate, Kevin and I have been trying to have better communicate better the past few months. I think we are doing better, then we arent then we are again. Its up and down for us.

Allisun said...

I have those up and down days too, both with my kids and with Beau. I think the key is, like you said, to keep coming back.
Becca, I just wanted you to know that I love you! I pray for you and your hard times. I wish that I could take them away from you, even for an hour, so you can have a break. I know there is Someone who can do that for you, so I pray that He will be there to do what I am not able to do. You are one of my heroes, and I'm so blessed to have learned, and continue to learn from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...