"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, March 29, 2010

go team! :)

This is a quote from the talk I read yesterday.
"Considered in that light, when one speaks of the Father, meaning God the Father, one also speaks of the Father's wife (our Heavenly Mother), for they are one flesh. We use this same expression on earth. When, for instance, we speak of the Bensons, the Hollands, or the Burtons, we speak of a pair. If these married partners were as perfect as our Heavenly Parents are, these couples would act and do things as a team, working together in perfect harmony and oneness--literally as one flesh. I personally believe that the word "Elohim" (a plural word) is a title and includes this connotation of oneness, even though when I write or speak of God the Father, I speak of a living, single being, but realize in my heart that they make up a heavenly pair." -Theodore M. Burton, Love and Marriage

I love thinking of Zach and I being a team! What a healthy way to look at marriage!
The apple for the day is: do something as a team! Ask for help with a project. Do the dishes or work on the car together, etc.
When I was on the jump rope team in elementary school, after we performed or competed we went out for slur-pees at 7-11!!! Just a thought! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...