"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Perfection Pending

I tell you what - that is a great way to put it. Perfection is pending.......let's face it - I am not Perfect, nor is anyone else - but I sure would like to be. In Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk "Perfection Pending" he talks about how reminders come repeatedly for us each and every day (well, at least they do for me - you all out there are A LOT better than me). In the opening paragraph he tells us that "We all need to remember: Men are that they might have joy - not guilt trips!

The Apple of the day is two-fold 1- Remember you are not perfect and 2- Do ONE thing today that you can be Perfect at as a person or as a couple. There are a lot of ideas and things that we can be perfect at for at least one time (i.e. Pray as a couple, Read the Scriptures as a family, Giving your wife/husband a hug). It can be ANYTHING - just make it something and something that makes you look back at it when you are done and say "I did that and I feel better for doing so."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...