"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Waiting Place...

good ol' Dr. Seuss! Now he was one bright guy! One book I enjoy reading to our kids is "Oh the places you'll go!" One of the places he goes is the waiting place!

The Waiting Place…

…for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

When looking for these words online I found this blog and my thought were very similar to hers. I, of course was thinking about them in a marriage sort of way. :)
I am comfortable admitting to you that I am not perfect. By now, you should know this. There are times when I "wait" for Zach to do something and ultimately let that become my motivation to do or don't do something.
To illustrate: Can you believe that I would ask Zach to put a nail into a wall so I could hang up my hot pads?! yep, and then one day I REALIZED!!!....I can do that myself!! LOL! Or, if he comes home late from work and I have been "waiting" for him to feed the kids. My heck, I could have fed them and then given them a snack later when he got home!
The apple for the day is: stop waiting and start doing!
Be the first person to get out of bed, be the one to say you're sorry, be the one to love first! The waiting place is not for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...