"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm listening!

I loved General Conference! There were so many talks I loved! When I came to do some blogging tonight I was thinking about Elder Bednar's talk.
His talk was specifically about how we can watch for Spiritual warning signs in our children. I appreciated the counsel and also found it applicable for marriage. I thought about how important it is to pay attention to our spouses needs as well. When in conversation about anything Spiritual or otherwise, we should listen for ways they might be struggling or need extra support in.
One way for these types of conversations to come about is during or after your companion scripture study talk about how it applies. Or before your scripture study talk about something you noticed in your personal study or that you thought about during the day.
The apple for the day is: try this. Listen to your spouse when they are talking. Listen, to hear what they are saying don't just listen thinking of how you will respond.

What insights did you find about marriage from Conference? What was your favorite talk?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...