"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

You are special...

A little background to this post...for those of you who haven't read Five Love Languages that I talked about in a previous post. Zach is a words of affirmation person.
So, on Sunday Zach and I were driving to dinner at his parents house and were talking. He asked me to tell him some things that I see that he does well. Until we got to his parents house I was talking about him and all the good I see him doing. When we were a few houses away he interrupted me and said, "wow, I need to talk to you more often!". I found his comment surprising actually because I am a pretty complimentary person. It just goes to show we can't tell our spouses enough how much we appreciate them and all they do. They need to know! We don't want them wondering if they are wonderful! They should know!
The apple for the day is: Make a special effort to express gratitude today for your spouse!

Disclaimer: Now I know that sometimes we get frustrated with our spouses. I don't want you to think that I don't. But this is the thing, we love them right? When we are frustrated, the best way out is to look at the positive and dwell on that. I don't want you to be misled, I don't think I'm perfect, I am trying like the rest of you. That is why I have this blog! :)...because it helps me keep trying!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...