"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

all that other stuff-

I recently read a book that made me think in a different way about gratitude.
Let me say first, I know there is no such thing as a perfect person or a perfect marriage. I know everyone has their faults. Some of us, at different times in our lives and in our marriages, deal with pretty crappy things...

With that said. Have you ever thought about expressing gratitude for all the stuff you don't have to deal with?
This book, specifically made me think about spouse abuse. I found myself gaping when I read the description of this women being hit in the head by her husband. I can not fathom to any degree what that would be like.
With tears in my eyes I told Zach how grateful I was that he didn't hit me, that he took care of me and that he loved and respected me.

Like I said before, I know everyone isn't perfect but think about all the awful stuff you don't have to deal with! Maybe you are dealing with something awful right now, think about something else that is awful that you aren't dealing with and express gratitude for that. :)
"No matter how bad things get, they could always get worse". -Ever After :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...