"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

so far, so good. :)

So, how are your new years resolutions coming?
I decided after the first full week of the year that I needed to be more specific with myself. I was trying to be vague as not to burden myself with a bazillion specific goals that I can't keep. -but I wasn't really doing anything I wanted to because I hadn't written it down and challenged myself to do it.
One of my goals was to be more grateful. The other one was I decided to write Zach a letter every week for the whole year.
I read this book called "The Wednesday Letters" a while back and the idea stuck with me. When this couple was married, the husband decided to write to his wife once a week while they were married. When they died these letters told their children stories they had never heard. Sweet book.
I enjoyed writing a letter to Zach and he enjoyed reading it.

Maybe committing to do something like that for a whole year is overwhelming to you. For the apple today I am going to recommend writing them a letter though. Just write to them like they were away, give them the gist on how things are going and give them encouragement if they need it. Leave it on the pillow, purse, bag or mail it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...