"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Sweet and simple

When we reach out to those around us, we are the ones who are blessed. 

Today I made a phone call to a lady around the corner who will be 80 next month and recently lost a daughter. I mostly just listened and it was so nice. I love stories!

I really love a glimpse into successful marriages. 

This sweet couple were together more than 60 years before he passed away. She told me this:

"Before our prayers we would talk about our day and you know, the blessings always outweighed the hard things"

Hearing those words just filled my heart and brought tears to my eyes. (I told her I was going to write it down, I loved it so much)

 What a sweet way to end the day. Talk about the day and look for the blessings. Go to sleep feeling connection with your spouse and blessed. 

It's the simple things. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...