"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, September 12, 2011

remember the beginning?

Last week I mentioned what happens in the beginning. I am a believer (and I actually think I heard somewhere) that if the first five minutes of your day or first interaction with someone is sour-that's a preview of how the rest of the day will be. Yes, I've posted this before. It is something I need to remember so I'm posting it again.

So, the apple for the day is: start your day off with kind words. welcome your spouse home with a hug and a super. long. nice. kiss. And if something is on your mind that must be discussed, do it later. Make your first words nice words. Pay attention to the first five minutes and treat it carefully. Laugh, be understanding, appreciative, sweet...what else would you add to that list? What helps to make your time together better?

Here's to a good week. ;)

2 comments:

Zach said...

Love it Becca! Thanks for the reminder. Have a GREAT day too!

kate said...

i consciously did this yesterday, and it was awesome! thank you becca!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...