"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dad - Are you awake?

Well, if you ask me - it would depend on what hour it was at the moment my child was asking.......or if I really wanted to be awake for the 4th time that night with the same child. I'm sure many of you have had that experience, maybe just once - but maybe multiple times. I've found that in those instances that I've been up more than twice I am either humbled by a comment from my little one that makes it all worth it or that I stay frustrated the remainder of the night and wake up exactly that way - Frustrated.
The basis for my post actually comes from a talk a few years back by F. Melvin Hammond entitled "Dad - Are you awake?"
Let's apply it to marriage though in a quote from the talk "Do they ever wonder if you are asleep when it comes to the things that are most important to them?" So, what are the things that are most important to your spouse? Are you taking the time to notice and care about those things? Take some time today and think about at least one of those things and read the talk if you'd like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...