"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Never.

I didn't make it to the Relief Society meeting this time and I was seriously bummed. It was my lack of planning that didn't get me there too. That was the real bummer.

Tonight I read THIS talk, Charity Never Faileth by President Monson and it made me cry. I love that man! The talk isn't long but here are a few quotes from it.

"I consider charity—or “the pure love of Christ”—to be the opposite of criticism and judging. In speaking of charity, I do not at this moment have in mind the relief of the suffering through the giving of our substance. That, of course, is necessary and proper. Tonight, however, I have in mind the charity that manifests itself when we are tolerant of others and lenient toward their actions, the kind of charity that forgives, the kind of charity that is patient.
I have in mind the charity that impels us to be sympathetic, compassionate, and merciful, not only in times of sickness and affliction and distress but also in times of weakness or error on the part of others.
True charity is love in action. The need for charity is everywhere.
Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down. It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are. It is looking beyond physical appearances to attributes that will not dim through time. It is resisting the impulse to categorize others.
Life is perfect for none of us. Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life. May we recognize that each one is doing her best to deal with the challenges which come her way, and may we strive to do our best to help out."

I have been thinking about charity lately and that is probably why this talk hit my like it did. If I can have charity as a mother and a wife, then I won't fail! I don't want to let my family down. More than anything I don't want to let my Heavenly Father down. I want to do all I can. I guess that's why Moroni says "pray with all the energy of your heart that you may be filled with this love".
These quotes I have copied are WONDERFUL marriage advice! I hope we will all do better at loving and not judging in our marriages! I am so grateful for a Prophet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...