"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Gratitude Month!

If this month is handled correctly, it is a wonderful shot in the arm.  Walk around feeling grateful and it is pretty hard to be grumpy!

Here is a list of apples that are on my mind to be doing this month:

* write in my gratitude journal. (just started it a week ago!...again.)

* tonight Zach and I have financial planning night and a calendar pow wow
 (this means we figure out what we have to work with for savings, babysitters and extravagant dates, Christmas gifts still to purchase, and any other needs.  AND since it's the beginning of the month, we schedule Temple night and who is planning which date and who is getting the sitter and put down any other obligations we have individually, etc.)

* eat a carmel apple (my mother in law makes the most amazing carmel apples and we happen to have a few in the fridge! *mouth is watering)

* express gratitude for specific things he does and do it at least once a day

* dance (that's easy, just need to make sure i nap during the day. haha)

* start gratitude tree

* lunch date ( I still have energy at lunch time)

* leave him love notes in sneaky places ( i've really slacked in this area lately)

* invite an older couple over to join us for dinner and pie.  glean wisdom!

* put any of the above in my phone that I can so I have a reminder

Did this list spark any ideas for you?  What are you going to do this month or week to strengthen your marriage?

I love, love, love this time of year!!!

Remember, the little things matter.  We've been thinking, now lets get doing!

Carry on,
Becca :)

3 comments:

kate said...

I'm m so happy you posted this. I want to make a more concentrated effort to express my gratitude for the things Caleb does for me, and I live the idea of a gratitude tree. Putting it on my list today...:)

kate said...

Love.

Becca said...

Gotta live, I mean, love, auto correct. :)
Thanks for your comment Kate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...