"By small and simple things, great {marriages} are brought to pass!
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then a kind deed a day will give you a healthier and happier marriage. Now, that IS a great thing!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

what gratitude looks like

Seriously.  If you look at your spouse and really admire them, it is wonderful medicine.

Today is the last day of November.  I think gratitude month is a great push off for a blessed December.  Let's keep being grateful.

Zach and I were talking about past Christmases last night.  We've made some great memories and done some great things for each other even on years when money was tight.  On those years especially, we focussed on gratitude for what we had.  That honestly makes all the difference.  Really, gratitude has seriously saved me at times.  If you are mad, frustrated or hurt, try writing down everything you can think of that you're grateful for.  If you can focus these things on your spouse, it's best.  It helps so, so much!

This year I've enjoyed writing in my gratitude journal and making a special effort to take my family in my arms individually and express gratitude for who they are and something specific they did that day.

Probably one of my favorite things is when it is my turn to pray and I can express gratitude to my Father in Heaven for that person.  Please, please try this.

Let's make a special effort to keep an attitude of gratitude especially during all the hustle and bustle.

There is always something to be grateful for.  Always.

What does gratitude look like to you?  How do you show gratitude for your spouse?

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

I love it when my husband and I take turns with our gratitude prayer. The goal is to switch off every other day saying a prayer of just gratitude for the other person after our regular couple prayer. There is my apple for the month to work on. I have been a major slacker and it is time to start again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...